New Online Training Series: Documenting ADL Tasks and Functional Abilities
(Available in English and Spanish)
The Texas Medicaid Coalition has released a free online training series, helping the CNA and Charge Nurse learn how to accurately document ADL tasks (Section G of MDS) and functional abilities (Section GG of MDS) in the Post-Acute Care (PAC) setting. The two-part online series, available in English and Spanish are titled:
- Documenting ADL Tasks: Training Resource for Accurate Documentation Supportive of MDS Section G
- Documenting Functional Abilities: Training Resource for Capturing Performance Data Supportive of MDS Section GG
Both courses will contain a video lesson and a short quiz. Please watch the entire video before completing the quiz. Each quiz contains four questions and one question about your satisfaction with the training. You will have unlimited attempts to pass the quiz. MDS or Training Coordinators are encouraged to complete a quality survey for each group of participants that they train.
Ready to get started? Scroll down to learn more about the courses
Documenting ADL Tasks: Training Resource for Accurate Documentation Supportive of MDS Section G
Your role in documenting ADLs is important for care planning, changes in functional ability, quality measures, and billing & staffing accuracy. This training course will enhance your understanding of key terms used in ADL documentation. Understanding the meaning of these terms is the foundation for documenting accurately. By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand ADL documentation terms in the post-acute care setting
- Know how to properly measure a resident’s ADL performance
- Learn how to document ADL performance with real-world scenarios
- Have a clear understanding of the difference between “Limited” and “Extensive” assistance
Both courses will contain a video lesson and a short quiz.
Please watch the entire video before completing the quiz. Each quiz contains four questions and one question about your satisfaction with the training. The correct answers will be available after the submission of the last quiz. You may take the quiz as many times as you need to get feel confident that you know the subject matter. Ready to get started? You can find the available courses below.
- Locate your desired training course by clicking the English or Spanish link below.
- Step 1: Complete demographic information.
- Click “NEXT” after each step to progress.
- Step 2: Watch the 1st video “Documenting ADL Tasks”
- Step 3: Take quiz 1
- Step 4: Watch the 2nd video “Documenting Functional Abilities”
- Step 5: Take quiz 2
- Click “Submit” at the bottom of the page to complete the training.
This training series is provided by...
Texas Medicaid Coalition (TMC) was founded to improve and maintain Texas Long Term Care Medicaid reimbursement by LTC professionals collaboratively expanding our knowledge and understanding of regulatory processes.
Membership is currently free to qualified Texas LTC providers. Sign up to become a member here.