Are you ready for the new 2015 surveys? Now you can be.
Last year, CMS piloted a focused survey in five states to assess MDS 3.0 coding accuracy and their relationship to resident care. In 2015, CMS will expand these surveys nationwide, as well as expand them to assess nursing home staffing levels.
As a courtesy to long-term care providers, Texas Medicaid Coalition and SimpleLTC presented a free webinar on Feb. 3 to answer key questions about the new MDS survey requirements. More than 1,000 long-term care providers from around the country registered for this important training.
Now you can watch it on-demand and download the presentation slides for free.
What you’ll learn
- Purpose of the 2015 MDS focused and staffing surveys
- Survey and enforcement process
- Key findings from 2014’s pilot surveys in five states
- MDS coding accuracy for these sections:
- Item M0300: Accurate staging and documentation of pressure ulcers
- Item N0410A: Coding antipsychotic drugs
- Item P0100: Proper evaluation and coding of restraints