Texas Medicaid Coalition (TMC) released a free online training series to help your nursing staff learn how to accurately document MDS 3.0 ADL tasks (Section G) and functional abilities (Section GG). This training series, available in English and Spanish, consists of a video and quiz for these topics:
- Documenting ADL Tasks: Training Resource for Accurate Documentation Supportive of MDS Section G
- Documenting Functional Abilities: Training Resource for Capturing Performance Data Supportive of MDS Section GG
Each quiz contains four knowledge-based questions and one training satisfaction question. The correct answers will be available after the submission of the last quiz. You may take the quiz as many times as you want until you feel confident about the subject matter.
Ready to get started? Select the English or Spanish course below or scroll down to read more.
How to register
- Visit the English or Spanish training page.
- Complete demographic information and click next.
- Watch “Documenting ADL Tasks” video and take the quiz.
- Watch “Documenting Functional Abilities” video and take the quiz.
- Click “Submit” at the bottom of the page to complete the training.
MDS or Training Coordinator instructions
- Print and review the supplemental training material.
- Facilitate pre- and post-training discussions to ensure your staff is understanding the concepts.
- Note: This video series is designed to be supplemental and isn’t intended to be used as a stand-alone training event.
- When your staff completes the training, fill out the Quality Survey.
- You are encouraged to complete a satisfaction survey for each group of participants you train. This helps TMC measure the effectiveness of the training series and improve future education to help train healthcare professionals to provide the best care possible.
About this course
Documenting ADL Tasks: Training Resource for Accurate Documentation Supportive of MDS Section G
Documenting ADLs accurately is important for care planning, changes in functional ability, quality measures, and billing & staffing accuracy. This training will enhance your understanding of key terms used in ADL documentation and help you build a solid foundation for documenting accurately.
Documenting Functional Abilities: Training Resource for Capturing Performance Data Supportive of MDS Section GG
Functional abilities are a major driver in Medicare reimbursement, making supportive documentation necessary to get paid the correct amount for patient care. This training will teach you when and how to accurately document functional abilities in order to maximize reimbursement.
Who should participate in this course?
These courses are intended for the following roles and should be facilitated by an MDS or Training Coordinator:
- Frontline nursing staff members
- Charge Nurse
THIS TRAINING SERIES IS PROVIDED BY…
Texas Medicaid Coalition (TMC) was founded to improve and maintain Texas Long Term Care Medicaid reimbursement by LTC professionals collaboratively expanding our knowledge and understanding of regulatory processes. Membership is currently free to qualified Texas LTC providers. Sign up to become a member here.